This has to be my favourite flapjack recipe so I just had to share it with you! For me, there is something comforting and rather nostalgic about a flapjack. My mum used to make them a lot when we were kids as they are a cheap and tasty lunch box treat. A word of warning, though; this delicious strawberry version never lasts very long so you may need to make an extra batch!
Strawberry Flapjack Recipe
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 75g unsalted butter
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g strawberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°c/gas 4 and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a pan over a medium heat.
- Place the oats in a large mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the strawberries and carefully mix into the oat mixture.
- Transfer to your lined tin and press down firmly.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the sides are starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before cutting into 8-10 slices whilst still warm.
- Leave to cool completely before removing from tin otherwise the flapjack will collapse. This is the hard bit!
I use rice malt syrup as it’s fructose-free but you can use any kind you wish. And can we just take a moment to admire Madeleine’s personalised baking gear?! I’m very jealous of her ‘baked with love’ bowl from Find Me a Gift and she is obsessed with her ‘baking star’ utensils from Born Gifted! How cute is that little chopping board?! Sadly, I am under strict instructions that nobody is to use them but her. They come with the bucket to store them in plus a recipe so it’s a really sweet little gift for the mini bakers in your life.
Are you a flapjack fan? What is your favourite flavour combo?